Good Friday Quotes 2023: Good Friday is a solemn and significant day for Christians all over the world. It is a day to commemorate the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who died on the cross at Calvary for the salvation of humanity. It is a time for reflection, prayer, and contemplation, as we remember the sufferings and miseries endured by the Son of God for the redemption of mankind.
The origins of Good Friday can be traced back to the 4th century, when it was first celebrated in the Christian Church. According to the New Testament of the Bible, Jesus Christ was a messenger and son of God, who preached his message of love and compassion to the people. However, his teachings were seen as a threat to the Roman Empire, and he was arrested and sentenced to death by crucifixion.
Good Friday Quotes
They show their love and gratitude to the Son of God by fasting, praying, and attending church services. It is a day of solemnity, humility, and repentance, as Christians seek forgiveness for their sins and remember the suffering and pain endured by Jesus Christ. One of the most powerful ways to express our feelings on Good Friday is through the use of quotes and sayings.
These words of wisdom and inspiration remind us of the significance of this day and help us to connect with the message of the Gospel. Some of the most famous Good Friday Quotes include: In addition to quotes, Good Friday is also a time for sharing images and pictures that capture the spirit of the day.
Check also: Passover Messages for Family and Friends
- “By the cross we, too, are crucified with Christ; but alive in Christ. We are no more rebels, but servants; no more servants, but sons!” – Frederic William Farrar
- “Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” – Martin Luther
- “Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus, the unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blame upon Himself so we could be with Him in paradise.” – Unknown
- “The cross was two pieces of dead wood; and a helpless, unresisting Man was nailed to it; yet it was mightier than the world, and triumphed, and will ever triumph over it.” – Augustus William Hare
- “It is the crucifixion that distinguishes the new message from the mythologies of all other peoples.” – Martin Buber
Good Friday Quotes From Bible
These images can be shared on social media, sent to friends and family, or used as part of church services and events. Some popular Good Friday Images include the cross, the crown of thorns, and images of Jesus Christ himself.
It is a time for reflection, prayer, and contemplation, as we remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the salvation of humanity. Good Friday Quotes and Sayings can help us to connect with the message of the Gospel and remind us of the importance of this day.
Must check: Happy Easter Wishes and Messages
- “Good Friday is not about us trying to get right with God. It is about us entering the difference between God and humanity and just touching it for a moment. Touching the shimmering sadness of humanity’s insistence that we can be our own gods, that we can be pure and all-powerful.” – Nadia Bolz-Weber
- “May on this Good Friday we start it with Fasting and Prayers so that we can bring God’s mercy and forgiveness on all mankind. Let’s Pray together.” – Unknown
- “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.'” – John 11:25-26
- “Good Friday is a day of sorrow mingled with joy. It is a time to grieve over the sin of man and to meditate and rejoice upon God’s love in giving His only Son for the redemption of sin.” – David Katski
- “The Cross! There, and there alone though the deist rave, and the atheist, if Earth bears so base a slave; There and there only, is the power to save.” – William Cowper
Good Friday Messages with Images 2023
For Christians, Good Friday is a reminder of the power of faith and the importance of forgiveness. It is a time to reflect on the teachings of Jesus Christ and to seek a deeper understanding of his message of love and compassion.
It is also a time to reach out to those who are suffering and to show kindness and empathy to those in need. In some cultures, Good Friday is also known as “Black Friday.” This name comes from the custom of covering all the statues and icons in black cloth as a sign of mourning.
It marks the beginning of the Easter weekend, which culminates in the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday. The suffering and death of Jesus Christ on the cross is seen as a symbol of love and self-sacrifice, and his resurrection is a symbol of hope and new life.
Read Also: Easter Images Free Download
- May the sacrifice of our Savior on this Good Friday remind us of the love and mercy of God, and may we strive to live a life worthy of His grace.
- As we commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, let us remember His teachings of love, forgiveness, and selflessness. Happy Good Friday.
- On this solemn day, let us bow our heads in prayer and thanksgiving for the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus made for our salvation. Wishing you a blessed Good Friday.
- May the blessings of Good Friday bring peace, joy, and hope to your heart and home. Remember that Christ’s love for us never fades.
- Let us take a moment to reflect on the significance of the cross and the immense love that was demonstrated through the sacrifice of Jesus. Have a meaningful Good Friday.
- The cross was not the end of Jesus’ story but the beginning of ours. Let us embrace His teachings and live a life that reflects His love and sacrifice. Happy Good Friday.
- May the solemnity of this day deepen our faith and strengthen our resolve to live a life that honors and glorifies God. Have a blessed Good Friday.
- On this Good Friday, let us remember the selflessness of Jesus and the eternal impact of His sacrifice. May we always strive to follow in His footsteps.
- As we observe Good Friday, let us keep in mind the tremendous sacrifice that Jesus made out of love for us. Let His example inspire us to love and serve others selflessly.
- Let us never forget the sacrifice of Jesus and the message of hope and redemption that it brings. Wishing you a blessed Good Friday filled with peace and reflection.
Good Friday Quotes with Images
In some countries, it is customary to fast on Good Friday or to refrain from eating meat as a sign of respect for Jesus Christ’s sacrifice. In addition to attending church services and sharing quotes and images, there are other ways to observe Good Friday.
Some people choose to spend the day in quiet reflection, meditating on the meaning of the day and the significance of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice.
Ultimately, Good Friday is a day for Christians to come together and remember the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. It is a time to reflect on our own lives and seek forgiveness for our sins, while also showing kindness and compassion to others.
Check More: Palm Sunday 2023 Wishes & Quotes
- “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
- “Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.” – Isaiah 53:4
- “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed.” – Isaiah 53:5
- “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split.” – Matthew 27:50-51
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
- “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.” – Romans 5:1-2
- “Then he said to Jesus, ‘Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom.’ Jesus answered him, ‘Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.'” – Luke 23:42-43
- “When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, ‘It is finished,’ and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” – John 19:30